Recently being a mum to our first child I began to appreciate the value of my own mother and that of the mother of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
And she (Mary) will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21 NKJV)
In thinking of the mother of Jesus Mary I learn a few things about parenting:
1. As a parent you ought to be able to hear the voice of God for yourself about your child. What plans does God have for your child?
2. Believe in what God has told you about your child. If God says you are raising a genius who will find a cure for the greatest epidemic we ve seen, believe it, nurture it and affirm it. Even if the world doubts you, hold on to what God has said to you because if God said it-that settles it.
3. Know that there will always be opposition. There’ll be many people who will want to impose their will on your child. In the age we live in there’s strong pulling forces (Herods) who want to kill your child’s destiny before it is fulfilled. Flee, pray, protect and be deliberate in hiding your child from these pulling forces.
4. Expose your child to all things Godly and things that will prepare them for their destiny. It is important to know that every perfect gift comes from our God. So church and the word of God are critical to your child’s journey even if their destiny is in the market place and not in the church. A good Church will lay a solid foundation complimentary to your efforts.
5. Be there, even when your child might face the toughest time in their lives, just be there. Walk the journey with them as their number one supporter and believer. With you by their side, they will gain strength to go on and to be what God called the to be.
8. Be deliberate in preparing your child for their destiny. Research, educate yourself and invest in your child’s destiny. If your child is called to be a the best tennis player the world has ever seen, start training him/her at a young age.
7. Be a good custodian and role model. This is just so critical. For your child to be what God has called them, you need to be faithful. Faithful to the word, your role and in your own walk to your own destiny.
8. Lastly, trust God to reveal the journey /path of childs destiny up to fulfillment. Trust God to keep him or her covered in the shadow of His wings.
Mary, thank you for remaining faithful to your journey as a mother to the Savior of the World, Jesus Christ.
“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.” (Matthew 1:23 NKJV)
May you and your family enjoy this day as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Merry Christmas with love,
Bokangs Mummy 😉