1 Thessalonians 5:17: Pray Without Ceasing
The number one weakness in the church in the 21st century is Prayerlessness. The amount of Christians who are struggling to build a personal prayer altar is frightening. Without prayer you have nothing. There is no depth, no substance no power in your life when you are prayerless. It’s not easy to develop a personal prayer altar, but it is an imperative for success in the Kingdom of God.
Here are 7 Things Which Prayerlessness Reveal .
1. Reveals your lack of God focus. When your prayers are low it shows you are too distracted. Anything that has your attention which is not God, is limiting your progress.
2. Reveals lack of wisdom. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of all wisdom. Prayer is an act of wisdom, lack of prayer is a sign of a wisdom deficiency. A wiseman is a praying man.
3. Reveals lack of desire for higher things. The Higher things of God can only be accessed by prayer. Until you desire them with all your might, your prayer life will not grow.
4. Reveals lack of understanding of the weighty things of God. There are things in the Kingdom of God which are known as the weighty things of God. These are things God expects us to prioritise. Prayer is a weighty thing, prioritise it.
5. Reveals demonic domination over you. Anytime you are in a prayerless season, there is definitely a demonic power that is at play. Do not allow it dominate you, by killing your prayers.
6. Reveals the lordship of the flesh over you. There are 3 kingdoms at play in your life, The Kingdom of God, The kingdom of satan and The kingdom of self. The deadliest one which kills your prayer life is the kingdom of self. The king of the kingdom of self is the flesh. When you do no’t pray, its’ a sign that your flesh is the lord of your life. Dethrone it by prayer!
7.Reveals what you treasure. You have to see prayer, as a priceless treasure. You have to treasure prayer more than silver and gold in order to develop your prayer life. When prayer becomes your treasure, prayerlessness disappears.
In this season, breakout of prayerlessness. Seek God in prayer everyday!
God Bless You,