Matthew 5: 41: And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
In Africa there is a crisis and pandemic of mediocrity. From our governments, to schools, to businesses, to entertainment and even to our churches. It is very rare to find individuals, families, organisations and nations with an unyielding desire and push to be extraordinarily excellent.
This mindset of mediocrity is what is holding us back from fulfilling our potential. As a Church we are making a commitment to be exceptional in 2016. We want to be unusually excellent in all that we do.
We want to be a two mile church in a one mile world. We refuse to move at the same pace, same work rate, same level of faith as a the typical man, we want to be an uncommon breed in everything that we do. To be exceptional comes with a price-tag, which is total commitment to the vision and philosophy of exceptional.
10 Things Exceptional people will do in 2016
- Pray. To be exceptional in 2016, the one place you have to commit without fail is in your private personal prayer life. You are not going to be exceptional in the absence of dwelling in the secret place of the most high.
- Read the word. Exceptional people are bible based people. The habit and discipline of DAILY quiet time immersed in the word of God has to be restored in your life.
- Set, WRITE and Review Goals. You will be shocked how many christians walk around in life with ZERO written goals. in 2016, Set some goals WRITE them and review them DAILY!!
- Journal. AT the beginning and at the end of the day you need to take time to journal your day.
- Exercise. This one is very important not just for physical fitness, but for mental toughness. You have to engage in DAILY physical activity, to develop the kind of mental toughness to be successful.
- Eat Healthy. I cannot begin to stress this part, many people are eating their way to an early grave. Cut down on junk food and greasy food, and begin to raise the quality of food you eat.
- Fast. Fasting is going to be a habit that takes you higher in 2016. Exceptional people harness the power of fasting not to get things from God, but to get a greater sensitivity to God. Fasting subdues the flesh and aligns your spirit to receive from God.
- Read books. Exceptional people are exceptional readers. One of your goals must be to read a book a week. that is 4 books a month. That would mean in 2016 you should read 208 books!
- Consistent Church Attendance. Exceptional people do not pick and chose, which church services to attend, they are always in the house of God every week. In 2016 be in church consistently!
- Organised routine. Exceptional people do not live their lives haphazardly. They build and work in an organised routine. This is the year where you need to get your life back by building a system of routine living.