A major part of your calling as a Christian is to pray for your Pastor EVERYDAY. The man who God has set over your life, to shepherd you, to nourish you, to teach you, to encourage you and build you up, more than anything you can give him, needs your prayers. Ministry is work, in fact ministry is a lot of hard work. Many times the congregation makes the mistake of overestimating the strength of the Pastor, while at the same time under estimating the power of demonic attacks on the life of the Pastor. If you are reading this blog I believe God is calling you to pray for your Pastor. Here are 10 things you must cover EVERYDAY. Yes EVERYDAY! This is not a game, this is the Kingdom of God, and we are at war. Satan is out to destroy your Pastor. He might not say it but he needs your prayers. Here are ten things you must pray for.
- His Anointing. The anointing on the life of your Pastor is PRECIOUS. You have to pray that God keeps increasing it’s level and flow. Pray that God keeps pouring the oil on your head (Pastor) so that it keeps flowing in the church. Without the anointing he is just an ordinary man. He needs the anointing to function effectively and grow the church.
- His Marriage. This is a critical area which needs your prayers more than anything. Satan hates marriage in general and worse in the life of your Pastor. Even the greatest minister cannot minister effectively in the middle of an earthquake in his marriage. Satan’s design is to destroy your Pastor’s marriage and cause pain to the church. Pray that God will bless his marriage with many years of love and peace.
- His Children. To be a child of a Pastor is an involuntary calling in itself. They didn’t have a choice to be in ministry but are born into it and it’s not an easy role they have. There is a lot of pressure placed on them to be carbon copies of their parents, without going through the processes of life that their parents went through. There are many documented cases of ministry kids who rebelled against the church and against God, and pursued a lifestyle of sin. Pray that God keeps your Pastor’s children and that the pressure of being a Pastors’ child doesn’t destroy them.
- HIs finances. This is a critical area. You have to pray that God blesses your Pastor’s finances because the labourer is worthy of his wages (Matthew10:10). Your pastor is not a spirit, void of human needs like food, shelter and clothing. It is a good thing for God to bless your Pastor financially. Pray that God meets all of his needs and gives him more than enough.
- His Leadership Team.Those who serve with your Pastor, need your prayers too. The workload of a church is never evenly spread between the membership and the leadership. The leadership carry a heavy load and need your prayer. Pray that they serve the vision faithfully, that they stay loyal and committed and that God blesses them for all that they do for the house of God.
- His protection. Satan is out to KILL your Pastor. Yes you heard that right, satan wants your Pastor dead. There are what are known as demonic assassinations, where the demonic world plots to take the life of your Pastor. There are many documented cases of Pastors who have been killed in their prime years. You need to pray for protection for your Pastor. If satan can’t kill him, he will try and afflict him with diseases or attack his family through death, disease, freak accidents etc.
- His church growth. One of the best things you can pray for God to bless your Pastor with is miraculous church growth. Church growth is a blessing, and your prayers are key to seeing it come to pass. The best church growth, is church growth birthed in prayer. Pray that God sends people to the church, to grow and serve in ministry.
- His Peace of Mind. Ministry has a lot of stress and pressure. Sometimes when we say in a service, that the man of God was in the anointing, many times it was because he was focussed. Satan is constantly attacking the mind of your Pastor with many thoughts designed to break him down. Pray for the peace of God which passes all understanding to envelope his mind.
- His spiritual ears and eyes. The last thing you need is a Pastor who’e spiritual ears and eyes are not functioning. He has to see in the spirit and hear what the Holy Spirit is saying to the church. This is a critical prayer, because you do not want to follow a man who is spiritually blind and spiritually deaf. Pray that he never loses his spiritual insight, because that is what is going direct your path.
- His heart. Pastors constantly give their hearts to many people, and SOME not all let them down and break their hearts. Sometimes they can fall for the trap of never trusting anyone again, because of a few people who were disloyal. You must pray that God heals his heart from all the pain accumulated in the journey of ministry.
Your Pastor is a precious gift to you, sent by God, make sure you pray for him everyday.
God bless you,